Today, officials at Invited and Troon, two leaders in the golf and club hospitality industry, announced a landmark strategic relationship designed to help shape the future of membership hospitality and growth across both organizations in the years ahead.
Invited, a leading owner and operator of private clubs, and Troon, a leading global third-party operator of private clubs, are collaborating in a way that blends the strengths of each company, ultimately resulting in benefits and improvements for the members and guests of each organization’s owned and managed clubs.
Troon will acquire Invited’s Management Services business with 18 managed and consulting-services agreements moving to Troon’s world-class managed club portfolio. This strategic move promises to drive enhanced services across all Troon-managed properties. For Invited, the move allows the company to laser focus on growing its industry-leading portfolio of owned and operated golf, business, and sports clubs.
With this alliance, Invited and Troon will introduce a program that allows Invited members to play participating Troon-managed resort and daily fee courses, the perfect complement to Invited’s portfolio of more than 150 clubs and 200 courses. Members of the former Invited Club Management facilities will continue to enjoy Invited’s XLife benefits, playing a network of hundreds of private clubs and renowned resorts.
As part of the Troon/Invited agreement, management teams and all employees at the facilities will remain in their current roles, now supported with additional Troon resources, services, and programs. In addition, Invited Senior Vice President Seth Churi and Regional Vice President Peter Faraone will move to similar positions within Troon, continuing to support the operations at the 18 facilities with the backing of Troon’s resources.
Management and/or consulting agreements acquired by Troon include a mix of private clubs, resorts and athletic clubs, including (but not limited to):
- Bent Creek Golf Village Resort & Golf Club in Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Canebrake Country Club in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Chateau Golf & Country Club in Kenner, Louisiana
- Crystal Lake Country Club in Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Hilton Head Owners Club in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Lake Toxaway Country Club in Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
- Lake Valley Golf Club, Longmont, Colorado
- Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in Celebration, Florida
- Olde Town Athletic Club in Marietta, Georgia
- PGA National Members Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Pristine Bay Resort in Roatán, Honduras
- Riverton Pointe Golf Club in Hardeeville, South Carolina
- Saddlebrooke 2 in Tucson, Arizona
- Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
- Serenata Beach Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- Skyline Country Club in Tucson, Arizona
- The Ocean Club at the Hutchinson Island Beach Resort & Marina in Stuart, Florida
“We are excited to welcome these outstanding clubs, their members, management teams and associates to the Troon family,” stated Troon President and CEO Tim Schantz. “We have long respected Invited’s contributions to our industry. This relationship creates new opportunities for each organization and perfectly aligns with our respective missions and focus.”
Beyond these promising developments, Invited and Troon have pledged to execute additional collaboration between their respective businesses. By leveraging their mutual expertise, they are well positioned to unearth new opportunities, and offer unrivaled services to their clientele.
“We are thrilled to embark on this historic relationship with Troon. By working together and pooling together our strengths, we can become even more dynamic in providing resources and infrastructure to our members and clubs,” said David Pillsbury, CEO of Invited. “Seth Churi and Peter Faraone are two well-respected, talented and extremely knowledgeable leaders in Club Management and will join a dedicated flagship team at Troon. By combining Invited’s unparalleled club offerings with Troon’s extensive portfolio, we are creating an unprecedented opportunity for our members to explore new and exciting experiences around the globe. This collaboration further solidifies our, and Troon’s, commitment to delivering unparalleled value to our members.”