The global prestigious awards from Pharmaceutical Executive recognizes 13 up-and-coming notable professional leaders paving the way for the future in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
Pharmaceutical Executive®, a multimedia platform for industry leaders to exchange experiences and insights about innovative business and marketing ideas, is pleased to officially announce the winners of the 2021 Emerging Pharma Leaders awards. The awards were presented to 13 accomplished executives during a virtual webcast held today at 11 a.m.
“Congratulations to this year’s class of extraordinary rising industry executives on this well-earned recognition,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president and CEO of MJH Life Sciences™, the parent company to Pharmaceutical Executive®. “2021 marks the 12th year of our awards program, and we are extremely honored to celebrate these winners for all of their hard work, dedication and outstanding contributions to advancing the pharmaceutical field moving forward.”
The 2021 Emerging Pharma Leaders are as follows:
- Daniel Getts, Ph.D., MBA, chief executive officer and cofounder, Myeloid Therapeutics
- Karen Akinsanya, Ph.D., executive vice president, chief biomedical scientist, head of discovery R&D, Schrodinger
- Sally Allain, Msc., MBA, head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation, LLC – JLABS @ Washington, DC
- Simba Gill, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer, Evelo Biosciences
- Michael Henderson, M.D., chief business officer, BridgeBio Pharma
- John Hoekman, cofounder and chief scientific officer, Impel NeuroPharma
- Donna Hodge, director, new product and business development, inherited retinal diseases, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lukasz Jarzyna, head of global value, access and pricing, Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- William “BJ” Jones Jr., MBA, chief commercial officer, migraine and common diseases, Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- Kirsten Kester, vice president of business development, Obsidian Therapeutics
- Carsten Linnemann, Ph.D., president, chief executive officer, and co-founder, Neogene Therapeutics
- Carla Pearson, MBA, vice president and global commercial lead, cabotegravir, ViiV Healthcare (GSK)
- Teisha Robinson, MBA, director of strategic accounts (DSA), emerging accounts, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc
Since 2008, Pharmaceutical Executive® has recognized a class of biopharma professionals to receive the title Emerging Pharma Leader. The final selections were judged in a blinded process by three members of the Pharmaceutical Executive® Editorial Advisory Board and a former Emerging Pharma Leader representative. Judging criteria were based on the nominee’s current role, career progression, education and extracurricular activities to enhance leadership, and specific case examples.