This partnership will enable Animoca Brands’ portfolio companies to build using world-class infrastructure and develop go-to-market strategies across both Web2 and Web3 ecosystems.
- Animoca Brands and AWS Activate have partnered to advance web3 development.
- The web3 investment company’s portfolio companies will receive up to $25,000 each in Activate credits to build on AWS.
- Startups will also receive technical, networking, fundraising and marketing support from the AWS Startup team.
- Animoca Brands has announced a partnership with Amazon Web3 Services’ (AWS) Activate program to advance the development of web3. The web3 investment company will become a provider on AWS Activate enabling its portfolio companies to access up to $25,000 each in Activate credits to build on AWS.
- Startups will also receive tools, resources, content, and expert support required to build using world-class infrastructure and develop go-to-market strategies across both Web2 and Web3 ecosystems.
Animoca Brands has built a portfolio of more than 450 web3 companies, spread across blockchain gaming, the metaverse, and non-fungible tokens (NFTs). This partnership will help nurture the startups as they continue to contribute to the development of the open metaverse, a metaverse where users have the opportunity to become owners of the products and services they use in the 3D virtual world.
Companies will also gain access to technical, networking, fundraising and marketing support from the AWS Startup team. Credits received can be used to access secure AWS cloud services like computing power, storage, database, analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), and machine learning.
Commenting on the partnership, Yat Siu, co-founder and executive chairman of Animoca Brands, said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to work with AWS as its Activate Provider. This collaboration marks a milestone moment for both Animoca Brands and the broader Web3 startup ecosystem. Hong Kong has always been a hub of innovation, and with AWS’s world-renowned cloud capabilities and its deep-rooted commitment to the startup community, we are now ready to supercharge Web3 startups all around the world.”
This announcement comes just a day after Animoca Brands teamed up with CyberConnect to build a decentralised social layer for Mocaverse, an NFT collection created for its portfolio companies.
Last month, Animoca Brands also invested $30 million in the Hong Kong-based crypto exchange and digital banking super app Hi, as it seeks to accelerate the mass onboarding of users to web3.